Where Do I Take

US flags that have become old and torn can be taken to any American Legion Post in the county, Lynn City Building or the Corner Cupboard Hallmark in Union City. Collected flags will be retired with all due respect by the Boy Scouts of America.

Used printer cartridges can be dropped off at the Randolph County YMCA for recycling.

Eyeglasses and Hearing Aids can be dropped off in Lions Club collection boxes located at:

    • Winchester Family Eye Care, 882 E Greenville Pike
    • Midwest Eye Consultants at 310 S Oak, Winchester
    • Winchester Community Library, 125 N. East St., Winchester
    • Parker City Building
    • The Corner Cupboard, 239 N Columbia, Union City

Aluminum cans can be sold to Jay-Randolph Development at 974 E Base Road, Winchester, where the funds received for the cans are used to support JRD programs. Cans may also be donated to the PAWS Animal Shelter in Union City where funds are used to help care for the animals. Aluminum cans can also be placed in recycling bins.

Expired medications can be taken to the Randolph County Health Department, 325 S Oak, Suite 202, Winchester, for disposal. Several local municipalities have drop off boxes at law enforcement offices.

Sharps may be brought to the Health Department if they are in approved containers.                                                                                                                                             Instructions on how to safely dispose