Location: 2115 East State Road 32, Winchester
Phone: (765) 584-9816
March 11th to October 14th
Thursdays: 3-6 PM | Saturdays: 8 AM-12 PM
Closed holiday weekends
Additional winter hours the 3rd Saturdays November through January 8-12pm
What is Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
It is any substance that is toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, infectious or radioactive. Almost all products that are considered HHW will carry signal words on their labels to alert consumers to potential hazards. The signal word used indicates the level of toxicity of the product.
Poison – contents are highly toxic and potentially deadly at low doses.
Danger – corrosive contents can cause irreversible eye damage or severe skin injury.
Warning – contents are moderately toxic or can cause moderate eye or skin irritation.
Caution – contents are slightly toxic or may cause slight eye or skin irritation
Guidelines for HHW
- Read the label and follow the directions!
- Pay attention to warning labels and keep toxic substances away from children, pets, water sources and wildlife.
- Buy only what you need, use it up or give it to someone else to use up.
- Always dispose of properly and store according to label instructions.
- Never dump leftovers in the drain or on the ground.
- Do not ever burn, bury or throw in the trash.
- Do not remove label from container.