Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Site
For Randolph County Residents Only
March 11th to October 14th
Thursdays: 3-6 PM | Saturdays: 8 AM-12 PM
Closed holiday weekends
Additional winter hours the 3rd Saturdays November through January 8-12pm
Call our office for alternative places to take HHW during the winter while Pollution Solution is closed.
What is Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
It is any substance that is toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, infectious or radioactive. Almost all products that are considered HHW will carry signal words like Poison, Danger, Warning or Caution on their labels to alert consumers to potential hazards.
Guidelines for HHW
- Read the label and follow the directions!
- Pay attention to warning labels and keep toxic substances away from children, pets, water sources and wildlife.
- Buy only what you need, use it up or give it to someone else to use up.
- Always dispose of properly and store according to label instructions.
- Never dump leftovers in the drain or on the ground.
- Do not ever burn, bury or throw in the trash.
- Do not remove label from container.
HHW We Accept:
- Garden chemicals—herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers
- Household poisons—oven cleaner, insecticides, drain cleaners
- Rubber cement, epoxy, instant glues, model glues, plastic adhesives
- Oil based paint only no latex (see Latex Disposal), stain, lacquer, thinners, acetone
- Aerosols—spray paint
- Mercury thermometers and switches
- All used electronics—cell phones, computers, gaming systems, monitors, TV’s ($10.00 charge for any TV 25” or larger)
- Fire Extinguishers and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fluorescent tubes and compact bulbs (CFL)
- Automotive fluids—oil, antifreeze, coolant, windshield washer fluid, fuel additives
- Garage chemicals—carburetor cleaner, metal polishers
- Pool chemicals
- Batteries—rechargeable, Ni-MH, lithium ion, Ni-Cad, automotive, or any other specialty battery (alkaline batteries are safe to dispose in the trash)
- Flammables—gasoline, kerosene, propane cylinders, lighter fluid, lamp oil, tiki torch fuel
We Also take:
- Household appliances
- Air Conditioners
- Used tires (only on designated collection days see Events for dates)