Did you know? Randolph County is one of the few counties in Indiana with a permanent household hazardous waste drop off site? Most counties offer a yearly drop off once or maybe twice a year.
Pollution Solution will be opening for 2021 on March 13th. We will be open on Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm, and on Thursday from 3 pm to 6 pm. The last day for service will be October 16th. Pollution Solution will accept all your household hazardous waste, including:
- Oil based paint, stain, lacquer, and thinners
- Garage and garden chemicals, including clean used motor oil, pesticides, and herbicides
- Home cleaners and chemicals, including fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- Rechargeable batteries
- Electronic waste – if it has a cord, we can take it. TVs and monitors 25” or larger have a $10.00 fee.
- Tires will be taken on collection days only, June 12th and Sept 11th. Tractor tires will cost $10.00 and all other tires will cost $1.00 for disposal.
Other than the above-mentioned fees, all other items are taken for free, the Randolph County Recycling District covers the rest of the cost. What happens with all the items that we collect? All hazardous waste or chemicals are taken by a company certified in the proper and safe disposal of hazardous materials. Tires are taken to be recycled. E-waste is also recycled, broken down into plastics and metals to be reused.
Latex or water-based paint is not accepted at Pollution Solution. The best way to handle latex paint is to dry it out or seize the paint using clay-based kitty litter, and then throw the cans away. See link.
For more information see randolphrecycles.com/pollution-solution. Thanks for all you do to keep Randolph County clean and green!